The Jaguar Mark V was a saloon car built by the Jaguar Company.The origin of the name is rather odd since back in 1948 there had been no MK I to IV Jags. The MK IV designation was only given to the predecessor after the launch of the MK V.It was launched at the 1948 London Motor Show at Earl's Court, along with its famous sister the XK120, with traditional Jaguar styling, complete with upright chrome grille and elegant enameled badge.New suspension modifications included double wishbones and torsion bar which is an arrangement that would be used by the company for many future vehicles. Feel free to email with any questions at : email@example.com .
Tested at that time, the top speed was just over 90 mph.
The drop head coupe version shown here, is highly sought after, and deservedly so.
This particular example has retained originality with the exception of the addition of the Jaguar 3.8 liter twin cam engine that should have been installed in this car in the first place.
That creation would have been the mysterious MK VI of which only 2 or 3 were ever reported to have been built.
Beautifully fitted and installed, the engine installation looks as if it was a factory creation, and the car now has the power to make the driving even more interesting.
This restoration was completed a number of years ago, but the car has retained all of its beauty, inside and out, due to proper storage, maintenance and occasional exercise.
Less than 1000 miles have been clocked since its completion.
Even the radio and the trafficators work perfectly.
In 1949 only 7 Left Hand Drive Drop Head Coupe cars were built and the trafficators appeared on only the earlier examples.
During the extensive restoration, all rubber parts were changed out, the entire wiring harness was replaced and most of the bright work was replated.
The car has a stainless steel exhaust system.
The tool kit alone is a work of art, and original books and paperwork have been kept in a custom carrying case, matching the interior of the car.