Sr. MS SQL DBA for Bahrain
VAM Systems is currently looking for Sr. MS SQL DBA for our Bahrain operations with the following skill set and terms and conditions:
Should have relative skills in most of the following: -
• Microsoft SQL Server, 2005, 2008, 2012
• Microsoft SharePoint Server 2007, 2010, 2013+
• Microsoft IIS Administration
• Microsoft Exchange 2010, 2013
• Microsoft Operating systems Windows 2003, 2008, 2012
• Microsoft Project
• Microsoft qualified, certifications are preferred
• Experience of installing/troubleshooting and supporting a wide range of systems and applications.
• Well-versed in Software development life cycle and ITIL processes
• Configure and trouble shoot applications on IIS
• An extensive knowledge in virtualization using VMWare or Microsoft Hyper-V technologies.
• 5+ years MS SQL Server Administration experience required
• Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
• Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
• Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
• Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory
• MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications a plus
Any skills in the following will be an advantage:
• To develop and troubleshoot effective solutions using Microsoft .Net Framework and Visual Studio 2008, 2010 and 2012 (C#.net, VB.net, ASP.net)
• Microsoft Development Tools and languages
• PowerShell Scripting
• Bachelors in computer science
• Relevant experience is required
• Preferred Certifications; MSDBA, MCSE, C#.net, VB.net, ASP.net
• In order to perform this role effectively, the individual must have:
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Flexible, team player, “get-it-done” personality
• Ability to organize and plan work independently
• Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
• Ability to pick up new developments and technologies
• Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
• The ability to prioritize effectively, both with their own workload and within the team
• Ability to question incisively to qualify issues efficiently
• The ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels within a business
• The ability to use initiative and creatively solve problems
• The ability to write clear and concise business English
• Attention to detail
• Excellent analytical skills
Support all functional team members from an Infrastructure perspective and implement technical solutions for projects associated with the firm’s business directives. The responsibilities include but not limited to;
• Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
• Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
• Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
• Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
• Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
• Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
• Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems.
• Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
• Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
• Liaise with 3rd party providers & support teams and other business functions as and when required
• Implement and integrate both Infrastructure and Application development projects.
• Assist with out of hours work including weekends when necessary
• To ensure professional and effective resolution of incidents and requests at all times
• Responsible for providing 1st/2nd line support to all end users for all production systems and associated data communication, in accordance with policies, procedures and Service Level Agreements.
• Releasing application changes to production
• Setup Servers, Install and configure application
• Perform VB and Powershell scripting to automate tasks
• Monitor and address alerts that are generated by the managed systems
• Support Production, UAT, and development environment
• To act as the go to person for the application related issues, own and drive these issues till resolution.
Terms and conditions:
Joining time frame: 30 days
The selected candidates shall join VAM SYSTEMS – Bahrain and shall be deputed to one of the leading Banks in Bahrain.
Should you be interested in this opportunity, please send your latest resume in MS Word format at the earliest at Sreejith.firstname.lastname@example.org or call us +91 471 2766011.
- Contract type
- Phone number
Contact this User
It is NOT ok to contact this poster with commercial interests.
- Reply to
- (Not Shown)